- About Us
- Member Services
- Estate Planning
- Contact Us
Journal of Sports Philately (JSP)
The Journal of Sports Philately, the house organ of SPI, has been published continuously since 1962. A U.S.-based sports philately periodical dates back even further beginning with Sportscast from 1953-1958, and followed by SportStamps between 1960 and 1962.
JSP is published four times per year: the first week of September (Fall Issue), December (Winter), March (Spring), and June (Summer). Each new volume of the journal starts with the September issue as SPI's membership year runs from September 1 through August 31.
The average issue of JSP is 36 pages long and features a wide variety of articles for all levels of collectors along with regular columns listing new members, new stamp issues and U.S. pictorial/commemorative postmarks. With the March 2008 issue, the journal became a full-color publication using a commercial laser printer. Our publisher, Custom Impressions, prints and mails the journal from the Chicago suburb of Orland Park, Illinois.
More information on the journal is available by visiting the links below.
- Current Features: columns and news from the current issue (in PDF format).
- Submitting Articles: see how easy it is to submit your articles or news items.
- Display Advertising: sport & Olympic sellers should be advertising with us.
- Classified Advertising: non-dealer members receive a free adlet each year.
- JSP Archives/Index: back issues of the journal and indexes to each volume.
A sample copy of the most current issue of JSP is available from the publisher, postpaid, for $5.50 in the U.S.A. and Canada, and $8 overseas.