Libraries & Museums
Sports Philatelists International has designated the American Philatelic Research Library (APRL) in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, home of the American Philatelic Society (APS). as the repository for all sport and Olympic philatelic periodicals and books. Their extensive collection is available in two ways: on-site by visiting the library, or by borrowing. Members of the APS may borrow through the mail directly from the APRL. The general public may request titles through their local public library. Other libraries with notable philatelic or sport/Olympic collections:
- Amateur Athletic Foundation Library (AAF) in Los Angeles, CA. The best facility for researching sports and the Olympic Games on the West Coast. The foundation library also features displays of interesting sports and Olympic memorabilia.
- American Philatelic Research Library (APRL) in Bellefonte, PA. The largest public philatelic library in the United States and the repository for sport/Olympic philatelic publications.
- National Postal Museum in Washington, DC.
- US Olympic Committee Resource Library in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Western Philatelic Library in Sunnyvale, CA. An excellent philatelic library.